Field Club, located in Nicosia, Cyprus, is the largest tennis club in the island with 9 courts (2 grass and 7 clay courts) and is the pioneer in Cyprus tennis since 1913. It is the leader of the tennis academies in Cyprus, offering a wide variety of tennis programmes to suit players of all levels and ages.
The Field Club was established in 1913 by Helen Jane Luxmore Jeffery, the wife of the Registrar of Foreign Monuments in Cyprus, George Jeffery.
In 2000 the Field Club decided to set up its own Tennis Academy with the aim of further developing the game, broadening its base and encouraging the noble art of competition. The Field Club Tennis Academy, fully approved by the Cyprus Sports Organisation and the Cyprus Tennis Federation, currently has about 200 players aged from 5 to 50 playing the game. Its experienced coaches teach the game in accordance with a specific programme in small groups of four. In addition the club also has a special area for teaching tennis theory, used on rainy days as well as a fully equipped gym. The academy season runs from September to July of each year. The programs start with the beginners 4 year old all the way through to advanced competitive kids and adults.
Today the Field Club, Cyprus’ oldest and biggest club, has the best facilities on the island. In all 11 courts (8 clay, 2 artificial grass and one training court) are available to the 450 adult and junior members. The club’s centre court has viewing stands with a capacity of 600 people and the club house itself is surrounded by a verdant garden conducive to healthy exercise, relaxation and socialising.
It is a full member of the Cyprus Tennis Federation and takes part in the annual inter-club tournaments. In addition to the various club tournaments it holds, it also organises an annual pancyprian open tournament, which as a rule generates a lot of interest with over 400 participants.